A jigsaw is a versatile tool that is used to perform straight and curved cuts and many other custom shapes. Including woods, plastic, ceramic tiles, a jigsaw can cut a variety of materials. This is a must have tool both for home garages and professional workshops. Sometimes a jigsaw can be truly versatile with features of other machine tools. As you have landed on this page, we suppose that you are looking for a jigsaw for your use.
The industry is pretty big and finding the right tool is more likely to be confusing. You can search here in the market, both online and offline. If you don’t know what actually matter for a jigsaw, chances are that you will end up buying something that does not worth the money. There is no single best product. The modern innovations have made the jigsaws very much user specific. Spending for something that is not your type or does not meet your need will be a complete wastage. A jigsaw is normally a long lasting tool, so it is really important to purchase the best and the right one for you. You are not likely to change or replace the jigsaw within few months after purchase.
We are sure that we have managed to convince you why it is important to buy the best jigsaw for you. It might require you to spend some time on research, but this is important. We will be talking about some amazing jigsaws here in the next part. And there is a detailed guideline for you on how to buy the best jigsaws at the last. You can use this for your own research.
Best Jigsaw Reviews
There is a very common query and we would like to answer that first. The question is, how we came up with this best jigsaw reviews. Well, we have gone through an overwhelming number of this versatile tool. Then considering some major factors, we have shortlisted them. And then we filtered again from different user’s perspective. Chances are there, you will get the best jigsaw for you from this reviews.
If in case you have any confusion, you should go for further research. For that research, you can use our buyers’ guide section of this article.
BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C 5.0-Amp Jig Saw
- 5-amp variable speed motors for maximum 3000 SPM of cutting power
- CurveControl technology for adjusting the saw’s orbit in 1 of 4 customized orbital settings
- With the adjustable shoe for stability, it can make 45-degree bevel cut
- New and improved wire guard for more precise cuts
- Keyless quick release blade clamp for tool-free blade change, accept both U and T shank blades
- Comfortable grip to handle and easy to use
- Adjustable dust blower
Black+Decker BDEJS600C jigsaw is one of the most popular and best jigsaws that you will find within the budget. If you want a powerful jigsaw without breaking your bank, this is the right choice. This smart and versatile machine tool has a powerful 5-amp motor that provides enough energy to run easily up to 3000 SPM (spoke per minute) variable speed. The orbital action has 4 different options to control speed and cut better.
The manufacturer has a reputation of innovating quality tools for over hundred years. This is a very well-known name across the United States. The brand has been serving its customers with power tools, accessories, outdoor yard care tools and other home cleaning products. This is a continuation of the legacy of the Black+Decker. This BDEJS600C jigsaw is one of the cheapest jigsaws in the market. But the strength and the power you will get, is amazing. But there are obviously some trade-offs. If you intend to do only light household tasks, this is really one of the best jigsaws available. This will perform its duty for a pretty long time.
There are few drawbacks, but we don’t think those are deal-breakers. The cord is not longer than 7 feet. The tool is bit noisy. For the shoe, it only has two adjustments, 25 degree and 45 degree. These are not, of course, something that we want you to overlook, but we recommend you to see the price. If you have some more bucks to spend, then you can skip this to the next products. Otherwise, this is going to be the best jigsaw for you.
Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle Jigsaw
- 7-Amo powerful motor provides SMP ranges from 500 to 3100
- Tool-less blade change system, fast insertion, blade ejection lever eliminates need to touch the hot blade
- For different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts, it offers four orbital-action settings
- Large, sturdy die-cast foot with steel insert and on-board bevel wrench, secure clamping system
- Precision-machined plunging system and low vibration design for the enhancement of accuracy
This is the best jigsaw available in the market from all points of view. The world famous manufacturer Bosch has been serving the world for years with quality products. This JS470E upholds the name of the manufacturer like other products. The Swiss engineering and ingenuity assure the accuracy of the jigsaw. Besides precision you will enjoy the superior versatility. You can do both smoothest cuts and aggressive cuts using different settings of the jigsaw. The various speed settings and orbital settings will allow you to cut a wide variety of materials from wood to metal.
The jigsaw stands out with loads of unique features. This powerful and precise machine tool is able to maintain great power and accuracy with its 7-amp motor. As the maximum bevel cut this product can go up to 45 degree angle. This is very easy to use. The blade changing system will not let you touch the hot blade. It features an ejection lever. That lever lets you eject and insert the blades quickly. There is an adjustable dust blower to keep the cutting line clear.
Despite high praise this Bosch JS470E has few negative reviews we found online. The only drawback we found ourselves is there is no LED light. It’s not a big deal though. This is actually the best of the best jigsaws available in the market. The users who gave negative reviews must have some problem with that particular unit of Bosch jigsaw, we believe. Vast majority of users are pretty much happy and satisfied with the quality and the performance of this Bosch JS470E jigsaw. This is undoubtedly one of the best jigsaws available.
DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Jig Saw
· 20-Volt motor offers variable speed ranging up to 3000 SPM for versatility in a multitude of materials and applications.
· Accepts T-shank blades for professional results
· 4-position orbital action for accurate cuts
· Keyless blade-change for quick and easier handling
· All-metal keyless show bevels with detents at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degree.
· Adjustable dust blower for clean the line of cut
· Anti-slip grip for increased comfort and enhanced control
This is an amazing combination of great power with solid performance. While talking about any jigsaw we, recommend two main features, accuracy and versatility. This tool is from Dewalt with both the features. The powerful tool can be used on many materials with ease. The orbital setting and speed settings are there for you to be customized properly to cut in many materials. What you need to do it just to choose the right blade for the right material.
The all-metal lever action keyless blade is durable and extremely strong. This strong blade is less likely to be damaged during the use. To cut different materials you will need different speed options. This Dewalt DCS331B offers you different speed settings. This jigsaw features adjustable dust blower. No matter how good the saw is you are going to get chips and dust. That will bring the line of cut out of sight. This dust blower will help you to decrease your downtime. The anti-grip handle gives you ultimate comfort.
There are few drawbacks. One is that you will not get the battery and the charger while purchasing the jigsaw. And another one is that some users experienced that the blade has tendency to fall off. That is we think because of the poor settings. If you do not secure the blade properly it may happen even in a premium jigsaw. This is very popular jigsaw and if you are looking for something for your small and medium projects, this is going to be the smartest and one of the best jigsaws in the market.
Makita 4350FCT Top Handle Jig Saw with L.E.D. Light
· Powerful 6.3-amp motor with three orbital setting
· Built-in LED guide light to illuminate the line of cut for enhanced accuracy
· 40% less vibration with lowest noise level in its class
· Variable speed control dial (ranges from 800 to 2800 SPM) for versatility
· Tool-less blade change system for fast and easy blade installation and removal
· Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
· Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
Makita 4350FCT is one of the best jigsaws. It features a powerful motor with variable speed options for its versatility. As we said earlier, the more speed setting and orbital setting you will have the more versatile the tool is. You can customize the setting according to the material you are using the tool to cut. The tool-less blade change system is another important feature. This makes it very easy to install or remove the blade.
The base of this jigsaw is made from die-cast aluminum. IT has a capacity to bevel up to 45 degree left or right with a 90 degree positive stop. It comes with an on-board hex wrench used to adjust the bevel. It has an easy-to-access speed control dial. You can set to three different positions with your thumb. A very important feature of Makita 4350FCT is its LED guide light. The built-in LED light is for ultimate visibility. The construction of the machine is very well balanced. And this balance provides 40% less vibration and less noise.
There are some drawbacks. One of them is with the control feature with the handle. Despite the drawbacks this Makita 4350FCT jigsaw offers ultimate user satisfaction. The combination of solid performance with versatility has made is one of the best jigsaws in the market.
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC330B 18-Volt Cordless Jig Saw with Keyless Blade Change
· 18-volts jigsaw with T-shank blades for professional results
· Features variable speed (0-3000 SPM) for versatility
· 4 positions orbital setting provides accurate cuts
· Keyless blade change for easy installation and removal
· All-metal keyless shoe bevels with detents at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degree.
· Adjustable dust blower for clean cut line
· Anti-slip comfort grip
This is another popular jigsaw that you can get within the budget. A great tool for an affordable price is the ultimate feeling. Despite the low price the machine is well constructed. This is equipped with top quality components and that makes this jigsaw surprisingly powerful. The 18-volt battery drives a variable speed motor, that gives you a speed range of 0-3000 SPM. To cut through a wide range of materials this speed is enough.
The all-metal keyless blade changing clamp is another impressive feature. You can replace the blade using the clamp very easily without using any tool. This makes your performance more efficient. The keyless shoe can be tilted at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degree. There is an all-metal silver lever action on the back; there you can lock the angle that you need. The orbital action switch offers you more control in the cuts as they allow you to customize according to the materials you are cutting through. The dust blower is adjustable and of great help when it’s a question of efficiency.
There are some issues with the jigsaw, but they are not the deal-breaker. It does not have any LED guide light included. Also it does not work very god with universal blade. Also you will not get the batteries with the purchased of the jigsaw. Despite these small drawbacks, this popular model is one of the best jigsaws in the market.
PORTER-CABLE PC600JS 6 Amp Orbital Jig Saw
· 6-Amp heavy duty motor to provide power in demanding applications
· 7 position speed dial (0-3200 SPM) provides multiple speed settings for optimal cutting result
· 4 orbital settings provide best cutting accuracy
· Tool free bevel adjustments at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degree
· Keyless blade change system makes blade replacements fast and easy
· LED guide light for greater visibility
· Soft grip handle
· Lock-on button for easier control during long period
Porter-Cable has a reputation or serving quality products for home improvement. They produce cost-effective gadgetry for the middle-class homeowners. This PC600JS jigsaw is a powerful tool with all the promising features. The 6-Amp heavy duty battery provides power to run the motor to handle the toughest applications you have to face. There are options of variable speeds, ranges from 0-3200 SPM. This speed option is very essential for cutting flexibility through different materials. This tool can do bevel adjustment at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degrees as needed.
It features a four position orbital lever to assure the versatile performance. While cutting through different materials you can just customize that accordingly for ease of work. The speed control is at the users thumb. You can change the speed during use. The keyless blade change system is a popular feature. It makes the installation and the removal of the blades quick and easy. There we found few dissatisfied customers. The front part of the saw’s hold is made of cheap components. Despite the minor issues, this is one of the best jigsaws at this price level.
Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle Jig Saw
· 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting with a powerful 3.9-Amp motor for using in a variety of materials
· Variable speed control dial (500-3100 SPM) for the optimal speed to any application
· Counter weight balancing system for reduced vibration
· Ergonomically designed rubberized grip for increased control and enhanced comfort
· Die-cast aluminum base can bevel up to 45 degree right or left and positive stop at 90 degree for solid cutting performance
· Large trigger switch for easy operation
· Lock-on button for extended operation
Makita 4329K jigsaw is a wonderful combination of power and variable speed dial control, to rule over a wide variety of materials. This tool provides three orbital settings for more accurate cutting. This is a compact machine tool designed to reduce vibration with the counter weight balancing system. The die-cast aluminum base dampens sounds and reduces vibration.
The ergonomically designed grip is made of rubber and offers a larger trigger with a lock-on button. The lock can be set with a touch of the thumb while holding the saw. The saw requires a hex wrench to change the blade, also to change the cutting angle. This is something that some users don’t like about the jigsaw. There is another issue, if you tighten the blade, that blade gets out of the alignment. Despite these minor issues, those who are looking for a basic jigsaw in a budget, this one is going to be the one of the best jigsaws.
PORTER CABLE PCC650B 20-volt MAX Lithium Bare Jigsaw
· 20-Volt MAX variable speed cordless jigsaw (tool only)
· Tool free blade installation and removal system
· 3 orbital settings for accurate cutting on different materials
· Variable speed trigger (0-2500 SPM) for clean and accurate cuts
· Adjustable duct blower for clean line cut
· Contoured over-molded handle for enhanced comfort
This one is a very popular low budget jigsaw from Porter-Cable. This is a compact, ergonomic and high-performance cordless jigsaw with a 20-volt lithium-ion battery. There are different speed settings those are pretty good enough for small and middle range projects. The speed setting ranges from 0 to 2500 spoke per minute. It features 3 orbital settings for more accurate cuts. It features T- shank blades for professional cutting result.
The tool free blade change system is one very popular feature among the best jigsaws in the market. It has a tool free blade change system to make it easier to install and remove the blade for efficient performance. This jigsaw features a dust blower that cleans the cut line for better visibility. The beveling shoe provides ability to cut 0 to 45 degree bevel cuts. The handle of the jigsaw is ergonomically designed and optimized for increased comfort.
The jigsaw does not come with the LED guide light, it is a drawback. It is a minor flaw we think, because you are not going to work in darkness very often. Otherwise,, overall this is one of the best jigsaws in a budget.
Festool 561593 Carvex PS 420 EBQ Jigsaw
- Variable speed settings with extremely fast max 3800 SPM
- Tool-free base and base insert platform for expanded capabilities
- Triple blade guidance for perfectly perpendicular cuts and splinter-guard for tear free cuts
- Stroboscopic high-intensity LEDs for high blade visibility
- Brushless motor technology for light weight and longer service life
Festool has been one of the innovation leaders in this industry for many years. This one is a strong and sturdy machine tool with maximum speed of 3800 SPM. The speed setting is one of the most impressive features of this amazing jigsaw. It uses a carbide blade guides to minimize blade deflection. The settings are dedicated to outstanding cut quality and extreme precision. It has 13 feet cord length so that you can use it is almost all the workplaces.
The excellent LED light makes the blade appear to stand still. Four high-intensity white LED surrounds the blade to illuminate the cut line. The LEDs are synchronized to the speed of the blade and thus the blade appears to stand still. If you need any task specific base, you can interchange then by just a release lever. There is a chip guard that can be adjusted vertically to provide optimal visibility. You can remove that completely if you want. You can attach a dust extractor and it will capture almost all the visible dust-very impressive.
The side mounted power a tool is sometimes awkward to use. The price may seem a bit high, but the jigsaw is truly premium quality one. If you need a jigsaw for heavy-duty projects, this one will serve you perfectly. The solid performance and versatility have made this jigsaw one of the best jigsaws.
Bosch JS365 120-Volt Top-Handle Jigsaw Kit
- 5-Amp top hand jigsaw
- Tool-less blade change system for fast insertion and removal
- Blade ejection lever eliminates the need to touch the blade, the safest and secure clamping system
- Four orbital settings for smooth to aggressive cuts
- Adjustable dust blower for clean cutting line
- Sturdy die-cast aluminum foot with steel insert and on-board bevel wrench storage
Bosch JS365 is a very handy jigsaw for those who are doing some heavy-duty projects. This one is extremely powerful and durable. 6.5-amp motor provides power for different applications. The speed settings and four orbital settings have made this jigsaw a truly versatile one. The construction of the jigsaw and the design will impress you. With their engineering and ingenuity, this Swiss manufacturer has impressed the world for many years.
It features, tool-less blade changing system. This is the safest and the most secure jigsaw clamping system in the world. It features a dust blower for clean tasks. It has a power cord that is 8 feet long. The ergonomic anti-slip grip has made it very easy to handle and very easy to use. For the price, this is the best jigsaw in the market but there are few drawbacks as well. Those negative reviews we found were all about that specific tools. But one issue is about the blade is something that could dissatisfy you. The blade that comes with the jigsaw is not up to the mark and you may need to replace it soon after buying. Otherwise, this is a very good tool overall and one of the best jigsaws in the market.
How To Choose The Best Jigsaw
There are some terms and features about a jigsaw that you must know before purchasing that. You should know how a jigsaw works. For that you will get hundreds of videos on youtube. Also we have a tip for you. You should ask few questions and then combine the answers. Be honest with the answers and then you will see a list will pop up before you. Yes, this is the shortlist, very specific for you. Let’s talk about some important considerations before buying the best jigsaw. As I mentioned earlier, there is no single best jigsaw in the market, there is no single important feature to consider as well. All you need to do is, you have to consider the overall performance with all the features and then decide the best jigsaw for you.
- Motor: Usually there are two types of jigsaws, corded and cordless. The corded jigsaw is powerful because it’s directly powered by electricity and this is best for cutting through thicker materials. The cordless is portable but it does not have the same strength as a corded jigsaw. The corded one is a bit risky in wet areas. It can electrocute the user if not handled properly. But if you are working on some heavy and bigger project, corded one is the best option for you. The cordless jigsaw is lighter. You will find some really good quality cordless jigsaws available in the market. Both of them have different motor speeds. The speed range can be approximately 4-7-Amp or 18-20-Volt. Here for your information, volt is for cordless models and amp is for corded. The more powerful motors cut better. Unless you need to perform some really heavy duty tasks, average speed of 5 Amp or 18 Volt is good enough.
There is another type of jigsaw that is called pneumatic jigsaw. This is more likely a hybrid of both cordless and corded. The drawbacks of both types have been eliminated here. This is light and easy to handle. Unlike the corded jigsaw, this is safe but power is not compromised. The only disadvantage is this is not widely available in the market like the other two conventional types.
- Blades: When you purchase a jigsaw it comes with its own blades. But to increase the versatility you will need to buy extra teeth. As long as it is a versatile tool and can be used for wide varieties of materials, blade is a very important feature. Because the perfect blade for ceramic tile will not be useful for the metal. Most of the blades are made of carbon steel. They come in different sizes and different thicknesses
There are blades made of bi-metal. Those blades are intended for heavy duty works. These are used for metals and hardwoods like oaks and walnuts. For ceramic cutting, the best jigsaw blades are made of tungsten carbide. You can easily change the blades. Most of the jigsaws have popular quick release buttons for easier operation.
- Speed setting: Normally the speed of something is measured by RPM, which is rotation per minute. But when it’s a jigsaw, the speed is measure by SPM, strokes per minute. Most of the models available in the market have a maximum speed of 3000 SPM and this is more than enough for almost any project. There are different speed settings for more precise work and lots of flexibility. Different materials require different types of speed options. And this is why the high end jigsaws have 4 to 7 different speed settings.
- Orbital settings: This is another very important feature that all the good quality jigsaws have. With more precision and speed this helps to remove the chips. This offers and extra advantage of moving the saw forward and backward, where the normal jigsaws move up and down only. This is a very important feature particularly if you want to use the saw on different types of materials. If you are mainly working on the same type of materials all the time, then you might not need a wide number of orbital settings.
- Bevel cuts: Is the jigsaw good at bevel cuts? Most of the jigsaws can be tilted to perform bevel cuts. Typically there is a screw and if you loosen it, the base can be tilted up to 45 degree. There are different techniques available to provide base adjustment. The base can be titled to different commonly used angels. There might be built-in lever, or Allen wrench. You have to choose how many angel options you are getting. The more bevel setting will give you more flexible and better saw. Normally there you will get increments of 15 or 30 degrees for higher level of precision.
- Versatility: you should know if the jigsaw you are buying is good for using on different types of materials. Normally you will find the information from the manufacturer. But if there is not enough information regarding this, just have a clear look on the orbital settings and speed setting. The more speed and orbital setting it will offer you, the better it will be in cutting variety types of materials.
- Other features: There are some other important features that you need to consider for a long lasting and a really suitable jigsaw. Ask the following questions:
- Does it have a precision roller guide? This feature is very important for precision and accuracy. It will guide you and make your task much easier for a more precise result.
- Does it have a guide light? To see the cutting line, there needs to be a guide light. In most of the cases this is a built-in LED light. It makes cutting straight lines much easier. It is really important to illuminate your work though you are not going to work in dark often.
- Does is have a dust blower? While cutting anything the saw dust can make you cutting lines less visible. So there should be a dust blower. This blower applies a stream of strong air to remove the chips and dust. Make sure that they work fine.
- Does it vibrate too much? Make sure that the jigsaw does not vibrate too much. Too much vibration can affect the accuracy.
- Does it have safety features? A jigsaw can be a pretty dangerous tool. Make sure that the jigsaw you are purchasing has a safety switch or lock-off button. There might be a soft-start feature. A blade guard is also important for peace of mind.
What we have discussed so far are the important features that you need to be careful about. Otherwise, a wrong machine tool might be really problematic. There are some other considerations that you need to work on. If the jigsaw is corded then the length of the cord is something very important. Also if the jigsaw is cordless then you should know how long the charge lasts. Also how long it takes to recharge is also another important question to ask. You may ask this question to the dealer you are buying from. Or you can read the manual properly for information.
Brand value is something very important. For some people, brand is the ultimate decision. Things less likely go wrong with the model from reputed brands. Most of the times, you have to pay more for a branded product. But you will get a mental peace that at least you are getting one of the best qualities available in the market. Besides, the best brands offer you longer warranty and that is a safeguard if anything goes wrong with the product.
If the manufacturer can assure the quality of the jigsaw, they will offer longer warranty. Makita, Bosch, Porter cable, Black & Decker are some of the most popular and best jigsaw brands in the world. If you have a budget, this might be an issue. But you will find some really good quality affordable jigsaws. That will require you more research. You can take help from our reviews or can directly research using the resources and the customer feedbacks available online.
When you will be looking for the best jigsaw in market, there you will see an overwhelming number of jigsaws available. To choose from them, to choose the best jigsaw can be really tough. This will easily make you confused. That is why we always suggest you to research. We have conducted dozens of best jigsaw reviews. But not all of them are up to the mark. Only few could take the place in the best jigsaw reviews. Choosing them was really difficult and we made this list to make your life easier.
Still there are some features those are very much user specific. You have to choose the right one for you. There is no single best jigsaw. Some models are energy efficient, some have amazing cutting performance, and some are very user-friendly and so on. To us there are few basic points that you should not compromise anyhow. Those we have discussed above are of course very important, but these three should never be compromised.
The first one is the solid performance. This means a blend of smooth operation and aggressive cutting. The jigsaw you are buying must have solid performance. Ultimate user comfort is another factor. Last but not the least is the money. The best jigsaw should give you the best value for the money you are spending on it. You don’t have any strict budget that does not mean that you will spend your money for anything. You have to decide carefully.
Thus you can end up getting the best jigsaw for you. Again, ask yourself the questions that I mentioned above. Be honest with your answers. Once you get all the answers, combine them and suddenly you will see the best jigsaws will pop up before you. Happy shopping!